Since 1952 family Cavasin owns Roces, one of the most famous factories belonging to the shoe industry district of Montebelluna. Roces has always been appreciated all over the world since the beginning of 70s for the production of ski-boots and ice-skates and it was the first to guess the real potential of the inline skate. To understand better its history and innovations let's have a look at some important dates: end of 70s Roces was the first producer of an ice skate made of plastic; the "ancestor" of all the inline skates was born in Roces in 1981; 1994 is the year in which the Growth Compensator System for kid skates was planned and carried out (achieved). Roces enters the third millennium with a new system called Biomex. It is the resulting of a three year cooperation between Roces and the biomechanical engineering team of Clinic Gut based in St. Moritz, Switzerland. Biomex is a new way of designing the skate. Biomex design follows the natural movement of feet and limbs. This ensures unbeatable comfort, top performance and great efficiency while skating. Research and Development team is supported by the co-operation of athletes from all over the world and the one of designers who works together with some prestigious fashion brands. Today Roces is a reference brand for skaters, able to offer a wide and qualified choice of products: from race skates, which are also nowadays articles of craftsmanship, to fitness skates for the free time, from ice skates to the aggressive ones, devised for the extreme-style lovers.
HERITAGE OF RADICAL INNOVATIONSLooking at the past let’s walk through the steps that made Roces what it is now.
- 1981. Roces develops the original PRO model which is the basis of all our skates and sets the real beginning of inline skating.
- 1987. Roces introduces the R-UNO model with buckle, used on either inline and ice skates.
- 1991. Roces creates its first line of inline skates, and it’s all MADE IN ITALY.
- 1993. The first light and solid aluminum frame appears on Roces skates designed specifically for aggressive skating.
- 1994. Always innovative, Roces introduces the NRT-JR with the Growth Compensation System, to compensate the rapid growth of children’s feet (the original patent goes back to 1992).
- 1995. Date of birth of the MAJESTIC 12, the best and the most popular aggressive skate ever designed by mankind.
- 1996. Roces introduces more and more innovations with the BIO FLEX models, the SOUL PLATE for aggressive, and its new amazing OFF-ROAD skates BIG CAT and ENDURO.
- 1997. For the first time in its history; Roces starts to produce some of its models using a double injection technology and introduces the TRI-FIT SYSTEM. Comfort, fit and stability are finally bound together.
- 1998. The double injection technology is applied to aggressive skating creating the FIFTH ELEMENT, the best aggressive skate ever made after the MAJESTIC 12. Besides having a TRI-FIT SYSTEM boot, the FIFTH ELEMENT has a replaceable frame that integrates a super wide soul plate.
- 1999. Before the end of the Millennium Roces shows its constant devotion to all the inline skaters improving the SIZE ADJUSTABLE SKATE for the kids with a new patent.
- 2000. Roces introduces on the inline skate market the revolutionary concept of the Roces-Biomex with its new model NYC. Also gives new vibes to the grass roots of aggressive skating with the new and mysterious KHUTI.
- 2001/2002. Roces extends the Biomex concept to more inline skates in its collection such as the STL, the first size-adjustable Biomex skate for kids. It improves the top-of-the-line five wheels fitness skate, the BOS, with the CFS (Comfort Fit System) adding a soft look to a great Biomex skate. And finally introduces the first Biomex Ice Skate, the RCF 1 and the first Biomex Aggressive Skate, the GRAAL.
- 2002/2003. Roces develops the Airflow Cooling System, an innovative mix of air intakes, openings, wide-knit mesh and Dri-Lex® fabric for masterful ventilation and comfort. With the new model URBAN a new segment is born and with the Stealth Frame System, three frames with different wheel size, the race segment reaches its highest evolution.
- 2003/2004. Roces introduces RCF X, an exciting product that finally unifies the skating seasons. RCF X appears to be an ice skate with an innovative look, but it can be easily transformed into an inline skate. You can have only one skate and use it all year long. In the winter with a blade and in summertime with wheels!
- 2004/2005. Board sports such as skateboard become an important step in the product extension, a process that the company is still keeping lively thanks to the introduction of scooters (one of categories with the best performance in terms of percentage growth). Today the latest category introduced is skimboard. Each of these new product categories has been taken into consideration and introduced after a careful market scenario and brand analysis.
- 2006. Roces introduces IDEA, the first kids’ size adjustable ski boot, a huge innovation both from the point of view of fitting and the one of family savings. IDEA is the revolution in ski world. In this way Roces strengthens its leadership in the kid segment of the market and prepares an important comeback in the world of ski. At the end of the year this product is the winner of an important Italian design award.
- 2007. Roces inline skates are selected as an example of excellent Italian design by an important publication distributed at La Biennale di Venezia.
- 2007 and 2008: the Iceglamour collection of ice skates is a big novelty already setting new style and fashion trends in the industry.